1. Scope of this policy.
2. Privacy notice.
i) Who are we and what do we do? Nexus Online Publishing (https://www.nexusonlinepublishing.co.uk) is a specialist in all aspect of e-publishing. The website may contain affiliate links to external products. Nexus Online Publishing may receive a commission for purchases made through these links. This does not influence our recommendations.
ii) We take data protection very seriously and understand the importance of protecting your privacy and personal information. The personal data we might collect from you is strictly limited in scope and is only collected if you make a comment or email us directly. Simply visiting the site does not require you to provide any personal information. Personal information is information that identifies you as an individual such as your name, email address or IP address.
iv) Unlike some ‘social media’ companies access to the material on Nexus Online Publishing does not require registration, as such no personal information is obtained from you by us before you use the site, or while you use the site. The information is provided freely to you and all you need to do is visit the site.
vi) In order to provide our information service free of charge, we may accept advertisements on our pages and these may be supplied by Google. We strictly control the type of advertisement we show. If you have concerns regarding how your data might be used please consult Google’s Adsense policy notice. In summary, their policy states that:
ii) You may withdraw consent at any time by emailing us at email@example.com stating that you ‘do not want Nexus Online Publishing to hold my personal data’. Data will be removed within 24 hours of this request.
Nexus Online Publishing gathers no personal data from you directly and hence will never pass on your personal data to third parties.
5. Your rights as a data subject.
We do not collect or store personal information when you visit Nexus Online Publishing nor do we use your data other than to allow user comments on our recommendations. We are obliged to inform you of your rights as a ‘data subject’, which are:
• Right of access – you have the right to request a copy of the information that we hold about you.
• Right of rectification – you have a right to correct data that we hold about you that is inaccurate or incomplete.
• Right to be forgotten – in certain circumstances you can ask for the data we hold about you to be erased from our records.
• Right to restriction of processing – where certain conditions apply to have a right to restrict the processing.
• Right of portability – you have the right to have the data we hold about you transferred to another organisation.
• Right to object – you have the right to object to certain types of processing such as direct marketing.
• Right to object to automated processing, including profiling – you also have the right to be subject to the legal effects of automated processing or profiling.
• Right to judicial review: in the event that Nexus Online Publishing refuses your request under rights of access, we will provide you with a reason as to why. You have the right to complain as outlined in clause 6 below.
In the event that you wish to make a complaint about how your personal data is being processed by Nexus Online Publishing, or how your complaint has been handled, you have the right to lodge a complaint directly with Nexus Online Publishing’s data protection representatives.
Our data protection representatives can be contacted directly here: firstname.lastname@example.org
For further information contact us at email@example.com